ASOS - behind actual weather
Hand Proping Airplanes
Climb Gradient in FPM
Cold WX & Altimeters
Flt Service Station
military aviation movies and news videos
an Airline Pilot. They have a different sense of humor.
difference between a duck and a co-pilot?
The duck can fly.
check ride ought to be like a skirt.
Short enough to be interesting, but long enough to cover everything.
is life. Altitude is life insurance.
only takes two things to fly:
Airspeed, and money.
three most dangerous things in aviation:
1. A Doctor or Dentist in a Cessna.
2. Two captains in a DC-9.
If it's ugly, it's British.
If it's weird, it's French.
If it's ugly and weird, it's Russian.
ammunition, the USAF would be just another very expensive flying club.
similarity between air traffic controllers and pilots?
If a pilot screws up, the pilot dies.
If ATC screws up, the pilot dies.
'We're not happy, till you're not happy.'
I give that landing a 9 . .on the Richter scale.
1. Try to stay in the middle of the air.
2. Do not go near the edges of it.
3. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground,
buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly
in the edges.
landing signal officer (LSO) to carrier pilot after his 6th unsuccessful landing
"You've got to land here son. This is where the food is."
three best things in life are:
A good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement.
A night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities to experience all three
at the same time.
Differences between Airplanes and Women....
Airplanes usually kill you quickly - a woman takes her time.
2) Airplanes can be turned on by a flick of a switch.
3) Airplanes don't get mad if you do a "touch and
4) Airplanes don't object to a pre-flight inspection.
5) Airplanes come with manuals to explain their operation.
6) Airplanes have strict weight and balance limitations.
7) Airplanes can be flown any time of the month.
8) Airplanes don't come with in-laws.
9) Airplanes don't care about how many other airplanes you've
10) Airplanes and pilots both arrive at the same time.
11) Airplanes don't mind if you look at other airplanes.
12) Airplanes don't mind if you buy airplane magazines.
13) Airplanes expect to be tied down.
14) Airplanes don't comment on your piloting skills.
15) Airplanes don't whine unless something is really wrong.
When airplanes go quiet,
just like women, it's usually not a good sign.